Garlic (approximate 1 big full pod ) – 100 gms
1 lemon size ball of tamarind
Red chilles – 10-12
A small piece of jaggery, powdered
Bengal gram dal – 4 tbsp
Black gram dal – 2 tbsp
Asofoetida powder – 1/2 tsp
Til oil – 2 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Peel garlic, saute lightly in a little oil (fry on low heat), remove, set aside.
2. Lightly fry tamarind pieces ans salt, set aside.
3. Heat rest of the oil, fry asofoetida, red chillies and remove. Next, fry the dals to a golden brown colour, remove ; allow to cool.
4. First put the dals in a mixi, powder roughly, set aside.
5. Now add tamarind, salt, jaggery and garlic, run the mixi again for a while.
6. When all of it has softened, add prepared powde, run the mixifor sometime till all of it blends. When ready, it will be like a soft dough. This is because of the oil content in garlic. Spread this dough thinly on a plate for a day or two. Then remove and bottle.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !