Indian gooseberries (amlas), grated 5-6 medium
Beetroot, boiled and grated 1 cup
Potatoes, boiled and mashed 3 medium
Oil 1 tablespoon + to shallow fry
Onion, chopped 1 medium
Sea salt to taste
Red chilli powder ½ tablespoon
Salt to taste
Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
1. Heat one tablespoon oil in a pan. Add onion and sauté till lightly browned. Add beetroot and sea salt and continue to sauté till all the moisture evaporates. Add red chilli powder and mix
2. Add salt and lemon juice and mix.
3. Add the beetroot mixture to potatoes and mix. Add amla and mix. Cool and chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
4. Heat oil on a tawa. Grease your hands, take a portion of the beetroot mixture and shape into a tikki. Place on the tawa and shallow fry till both sides are evenly cooked.
5. Serve hot.
Amla aur Beetroot ki Tikki Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- 20 Navratri Sundal Varieties to Surprise Your Family Navaratri is a festival of nine nights and 10 days. "Nava" means "nine" and "ratri" means "night" in Sanskrit. It is...
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Amla aur Beetroot ki Tikki Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.