Prawns (shelled) 12-16 medium sized
Ginger 1 inch piece
Garlic 6-8 cloves
Tamarind pulp 1 marble sized ball
Cumin powder 1 tsp
Red chilli powder 2 tbsps
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Salt to taste
Rice flour 2 tbsps
Oil Â¼ cup
Lemon juice 1 tbsp
1. De-vein, wash and pat dry prawns with a clean kitchen towel. Peel, wash ginger, garlic and grind to a fine paste. Soak tamarind in two tablespoons of water, squeeze and remove pulp.
2. Mix ginger-garlic paste with tamarind pulp, cumin powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt to taste and rice flour and blend two tablespoons of oil into this mixture.
3. Marinate prawns in this mixture and leave aside for at least two hours, preferably in the refrigerator.
4. Heat the remaining oil in a pan, add the marinated prawns and cook for a minute on high heat. Turn over the prawns and cook for another minute. Reduce heat and cook for two to three minutes turning the prawns occasionally for uniform cooking.
5. Remove, drain onto an absorbent kitchen towel or paper, sprinkle lemon juice and serve hot.
Prawn Varual Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
- A Teenager’s Nutritional Needs When a kid is making their way into the league of teens along with attaining a sense of liberty he or she will grow...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Prawn Varual Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.