Lychees (canned) 300 gms
Basmati rice 2 tbsps
Milk 5 cups
Khoya (grated) 3 tbsps
Sugar ½ cup
Green cardamom powder ½ tsp
Rose water a few drops
Almonds (blanched & sliced) 12
Pistachios (blanched & sliced) 12
1. Drain and roughly chop lychees. Soak basmati rice for fifteen minutes, drain and grind coarsely.
2. Take milk in a deep, thick-bottomed pan and boil for ten minutes stirring continuously so that skin does not form on top.
3. Add coarsely ground rice and cook till rice granules are soft.
4. Add khoya and sugar. Add chopped lychees and stir for two minutes.
5. Sprinkle green cardamom powder and rose water. Remove from heat.
6. Cool kheer and pour into individual serving bowls. Sprinkle with sliced almonds and pistachios.
7. Serve chilled.
Lychee Kheer Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- 20 Navratri Sundal Varieties to Surprise Your Family Navaratri is a festival of nine nights and 10 days. "Nava" means "nine" and "ratri" means "night" in Sanskrit. It is...
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Lychee Kheer Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.