Banana (Nenthram Pazham) – 1 large
Jaggery – 50 gms
Coconut gratings – 1/2 small
Coconut , cut into small pieces – 1 small piece
A few raisins
Ghee – 1 tbsp
1. Take out first thick milk ans second and third milks from the coconut gratings, keep each separate.
2. Stream cook banana, cool, peel the skin. Remove the centre thick portion. MAsh the rest thoroughly.
3. Dissolve jaggery in hot water, strain to remove the grit. Put the melted jaggery on the fire and boil tilla thick syrup is obtained.
4. Add mashed banana to syrup and mix well adding the third coconut milk. Cook for 5 minutes. Add second milk , cook for 2-3 minutes, add first milk and cook for 1-2 minutes more till all of it is well blended.
5. Fry raisins and coconut pieces in ghee, add to payasam.