Another Chettinadu delicacy, kids would love this vadai. Serve as part of a meal or as an evening snack.
Beetroot – 1, grated
Toor Dal – 1 cup
Dry Red Chillies – 4
Green Chilli – 1, chopped
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Salt as per taste
Saunf – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Oil as required
1. Soak the dal for 60 minutes.
2. Then grind together with red chillies to a coarse paste.
3. Add the beetroot, green chilli, turmeric powder, saunf, curry leaves and salt.
4. Mix well to a thick batter.
5. Make small balls and flatten them to a vadai shape.
6. Heat oil in frying pan.
7. Add the prepared vadais and fry them in batches until medium golden brown.
8. Remove and drain excess oil.
9. Serve with chutney.