2 cups boiled and cooled rice
2 green chillies
1 stalk curry leaves
1 onions finely chopped
1 tbsp. grated fresh coconut
1/2 tbsp. coriander finely chopped
1/4 tsp. each cumin seed, mustard seeds, urad dal
1/4 cup peanuts, coarsely pounded
1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
2-3 pinches asafoetida
salt to taste
juice of half lemon
1 tbsp. oil
1. Use a heavy or nonstick pan.
2. Heat oil, add seeds, and dal. Allow to splutter.
3. Add peanuts, and saute for 2 minutes
4. Add green chillies, curry leaves, onions, asafoetida
5. Cook till onions are light pink.
6. Add rice, turmeric, salt, lemon, coriander, coconut.
7. Stir gently till well mixed.
8. Cover and simmer till steaming hot.
9. Serve hot
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !