3 – 4 lbs chicken
1/2 – 2/3 cup oil
Green hot pepper (optional)
2 ripe plum tomatoes
2 tbsp seasoning salt
1/8 soy sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup lemon juice (optional)
1 small onion
1. Remove skin and any excess fat from chicken and wash parts in lemon juice. Drain lemon juice and add seasoning salt, garlic powder, soy sauce and paprika.
2. Cut up onion and tomatoes and add. Using hands mix in the seasoning with the chicken. Let sit for at least 6 hours (preferably overnight).
3. Heat oil in a pot. Scrape seasoning from chicken and place seasoning in the pot with oil. Let sit until pieces become brown. Turn over pieces as necessary until pieces ar browned all around. Continue until all pieces are browned. Drain oil.
4. Add the chicken with the seasoning mixture. Add escallion and thyme.
5. To oil that was drained from pot, add water to form a one cup mixture, then add to the pot.
6. Let simmer for 20 minutes under medium flame. Add ketchup if necessary to thicken gravy. This can be served with white rice or rice and peas.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !