New Year is fast approaching and everyone is eagerly and happily waiting to welcome it. Here are some unique foods to serve at New Year’ eve party.
YUMMY LIME PIE
- 1 tin of sweetened condensed milk
- Yolks of 4 eggs
- Half a cup of lime juice
- A few drops of food color
- One Graham cracker crust
- Beat together the egg yolks and the food color, and mix it with the condensed milk. Add lime juice, and mix well.
- Now, pour the mixture into Graham cracker crust. Set at 325 degree and bake for 18 mins.
- Freeze it for about 15 minutes and then serve.
- Half a cup of raisins
- Three Eggs
- Ten slices of White bread
- Half a cup of water or brandy
- One cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Three cups of scald and cooled milk
- One teaspoon of cinnamon
- One fourth of a cup of melted margarine or butter
- ¼ teaspoon of allspice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Soak the raisins in either water or brandy and keep it aside. Mix brown sugar, allspice and cinnamon, and reserve three tablespoons of it for the topping.
- Break the bread, and pour the melted butter or margarine over the crumbs, and coat them with the rest of the sugar mixture.
- Grease a baking dish with butter and put half of the bread mixture in it. Now remove the raisins from brandy and place half of it over the bread mixture.
- Repeat the layers once more.
- Take a bowl and beat together egg, vanilla and salt. Mix in the milk and pour it into the baking dish. Leave it there for five minutes.
- Top it by sprinkling the sugar mixture reserved. Set the oven at 325 degrees and bake for 50 minutes.
CHOCOLATE TOFFEE GRAHAM TREATS
- Honey gram crackers – 11 no’s (break them into squares)
- One cup of sugar
- One cup of butter
- Two cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
- Half a cup of finely sliced pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Take a baking sheet and put the cracker squares in such a way that they form a layer.
- Mix sugar and butter in a pan and let it melt and boil for two minutes.
- Put off the fire and add the pecans.
- Now, put this mixture over the crackers layer such that all the crackers are completely covered.
- Bake for ten minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and evenly spread its top with chocolate chips. When the chocolate chips melt, level it flat to cover the top.
- Cool and remove the squares to a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Put them in the refrigerator till they harden.
- White sugar- 3/4th of a cup
- Vanilla wafer cookies – 16 no’s
- Eggs – 2 no’s
- Cream Cheese – 250 g
- Vanilla extract- 1 teaspoon
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Take cupcake papers and apply them to the muffin pans.
- Put a wafer cookie in each of them.
- Blend together the sugar and cream in a bowl.
- Beat together the vanilla extract and the eggs to make them smooth.
- Pour this mixture over the wafers in the muffin pans.
- Bake them for about 15 minutes in the oven.
- -Remove, cool and add toppings like chocolate chips, dry fruits, or caramel sauce.
SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE
- Sweet potatoes (boiled, peeled and mashed)- 3 cups
- Sugar- Half a cup
- Eggs – 2 no’s (beaten)
- 1/4th of a cup of margarine (melted)
- Half a cup of milk
- One and a half teaspoons of vanilla
- Brown sugar – 1 cup
- Refined flour- 1/3 cup
- Finely sliced pecans- 1 cup
- Margarine (melted) – 1/3 cup
- Mix together the sweet potatoes, sugar, margarine, eggs, vanilla and milk.
- Place in a baking dish lined with butter.
- Mix together the ingredients given for topping and spread it over the mix.
- Set the oven at 350 F and bake for 40 minutes.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !