Often, we have a misconception that eating healthy involves a focus only on vegetables and fruits. However, in addition to veggies and fruits, there are a lot of delicious yet nutritious food forms that can transform your lifestyle into a healthy one. One such food category is seafood.
This exotic food category offer not only tasty, lip-smacking cuisine but also nutrious packed ingredients that are good for your health. Most seafoods are low in fat and cholesterol, high in protein and packed with vitamins and minerals and thereby bestow lots of health benefits to us. Seafoods are low in fat and have fewer calories than meat and chicken. Seafood is high in unsaturated fat which help to lower cholesterol level in the body.
Seafoods such as salmon, tuna are high in protein and are good substitutes for chicken, beef, fork which have more calorie value. Crab, shrimp, fish like shellfish are packed with vitamins like vitamin B complex and minerals like iodine, zinc, calcium, and potassium.
Including seafood in the diet regularly is a great way to obtain your necessary dose of essential oils. Seafoods are a good source of omega 3 fatty acids that can boost energy and slow down signs of aging and overall well being.
Let’s see some of the extraordinary health benefits of seafoods.
- Lower Blood pressure: Seafood is a great choice for people suffering from hypertension The Seafood can lower blood pressure and thereby benefits people suffering from hypertension
- Seafood like fish is a heart’s best friend. Since, seafoods are good sources of omega fatty acids, which are known to reduce blood triglyceride levels, consuming seafood regularly is a hearty solution to heart disease. Omega 3 fatty acids are polyunsaturated fatty acids and are good fats.Seafoods like fish aid in lowering cholesterol level in blood. They decrease the factors that cause blood clotting and thereby protect the body against heart diseases. Thus, Omega 3 fatty acids that present in seafood protect your heart improves heart function. and thereby reduce the risk of heart disease
- Sefoods like shellfish are rich in vitamins and minerals and promote eyesight and help to get glowing skin.
- Apart from keeping healthy, consuming seafood regularly helps to preserve good mental health as well. The omega 3 fatty acid present in the seafood can slowdown mental decline and alleviate depression. Thus, consuming seafood can decrease the risk of ailments such as Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, etc.
- Many people consider seafood as a brain food. Some study shows that consuming seafood during pregnancy can increase the chances of developing higher IQs in unborn babies. Omega 3 fatty acids plays a vital role in neural development and eye development of an unborn child in the womb. Seafood in pregnant women’s diet reduce the chances of premature birth. Regular intake of fish in their third trimester makes smart and healthy kids.
- Fishes and shellfish are good sources of antioxidants that boost immune system. Omega 3 present in seafoods improve immune functions and thereby reduce infections.
- Another great health benefit of seafood is protection against cancer. Eating fish regularly lowers the risk of cancers of mouth, throat, stomach, colon, rectum, pancreas, lung, breast and prostrate.Omega 3 fatty acid is responsible for protection against cancer
- Regular serving of fish keeps arthritis away. Fish is an excellent, natural source of vitamin D.The oil in the seafood prevent osteoporosis as it improves calcium absorption in our bones and strengthens the bone.
- Last but not the least, seafood help to lose weight. Including seafood in diet help to reduce weight in a healthy way. undeniably, fishes are exceptionally low in fat and that’s why seafood has been part of many weight loss programs.
With all these health benefits, without seafood, a diet would not become a wholesome diet.
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this "Health Benefits of Seafood" article from Awesome Cuisine.