Any salad tastes better and crisp if the vegetables have been soaked in chilled water for a while. For good home-made sprouted lentils follow the following steps:
- Soak lentils in lots of water overnight.
- In the morning drain water and wash by draining and adding water 2-3 times. Do not rub. Finally drain all water.
- Cover and keep in warm dark place.
- At night add water and drain out.
- Cover and keep again as before.
- By morning 3/4 long sprouts are ready!
- Preferably use a porous container eg. an earthen pot. for best results.
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this "Tips for Salads" article from Awesome Cuisine.