Idli Rice – 1 cup
Bengal Gram Dal – 1/2 cup
Toor Dal – 1/2 cup
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
Asafoetida – 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Curry Leaves – few, chopped
Dry Red Chillies – 5
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Soak the rice and dals for 1 hour, separately.
2. Then grind them together with ginger and dry red chillies to a coarse batter.
3. Add salt, asafoetida, coriander leaves and curry leaves.
4. Mix well.
5. Keep aside for 10 to 20 minutes.
6. Heat a tawa over medium flame.
7. Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread evenly.
8. Apply oil around the edges and cook on both sides till light golden brown.
9. Remove and serve hot with side dish of choice.