Potatoes – 2, boiled, mashed
Cashewnuts – 2 tblsp
Almonds – 1 tblsp
Raisins – 1 tblsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Dates – 1/4 cup
Corn Flour – 2 tblsp
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Finely chop the dates, cashewnuts, almonds and raisins.
2. Add red chilli powder and salt to the mashed potatoes.
3. Mix well.
4. Shape the potato mixture into small cups.
5. Add a little bit of the dates-cashew mixture and fold well.
6. Roll this in the corn flour and shape them into small-medium vadais.
7. Heat oil in a frying pan.
8. Deep fry the vadais till crisp and golden brown.
9. Remove and drain excess oil.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.