Wheat Flour – 1 cup
Rice Flour – 1 tblsp
Bengal Gram Dal – 1 tsp, soaked, drained
Asafoetida Powder – 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – few, chopped
Butter – 1 tblsp
Oil for frying
Salt as per taste
1. Combine all the ingredients except oil in a bowl.
2. Add little water and mix to a pliable dough (poori dough consistency).
3. Make small balls of the dough and flatten them, thinly, onto a plastic sheet.
4. Keep aside for a few minutes to dry.
5. Heat oil for frying in a deep pan.
6. Fry the prepared thattais till golden brown.
7. Remove and drain excess oil.
8. Serve as a snack.