Paneer – 200 gms, crumbled
Tomato – 1, medium, finely chopped
Onion – 1, small, chopped
Green Chilli – 1, chopped
Amchur (Dry Mango Powder) – 1/4 tsp
Butter – 1/2 tblsp + 1/2 tblsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon – 1/4 inch stick
Ginger – 1/4 inch piece, peeled, finely chopped
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
Sugar – a pinch
Salt as per taste
Oil – 1/2 tsp
Lemon Juice – 1 to 2 tblsp
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
1. Heat oil and 1/2 tblsp butter in a pan over medium flame.
2. Add the cinnamon and cumin seeds.
3. Fry for a minute.
4. Add the onions and saute until light brown.
5. Add the ginger and fry for another 45 seconds.
6. Add salt and a little water.
7. Cook till the water has almost evaporated.
8. Add the tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
9. Add sugar and stir to mix well.
10. When the oil starts to float to the top, add green chillies, mango powder and paneer.
11. Mix well till the paneer is well coated with the masala.
12. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
13. Stir well until the paneer is cooked.
14. Add lime juice, coriander leaves and remaining butter.
15. Stir to mix and transfer to a serving dish.
16. Serve hot with roti, naan or paratha.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.