Mutton – 375 gms, minced
Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tblsp
Bengal Gram Dal – 100 gms, soaked for 30 minutes and drained
Plain Yogurt – 3 to 4 tblsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Green Chillies – 2, finely sliced
Bay Leaf – 1
Black Cardamoms – 2
Cinnamon – 3/4 inch stick
Cloves – 3
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves – handful, finely chopped
Mint Leaves – 1 tblsp, finely chopped
Lime Juice – 2 tblsp
Cream – 2 tblsp
Eggs – 2, beaten
Gram Flour – 2 to 3 tblsp
Oil for deep frying
Salt as per taste
1. Combine the ginger garlic paste, bengal gram dal, yogurt, red chilli powder, green chillies, salt, cloves, cinnamon, black cardamoms and bay leaf in a large pan.
2. Add the mutton pieces and mix well until well combined.
3. Place it over medium flame and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the meat is tender.
4. Remove from heat.
5. Discard the bay leaf, cardamoms, cinnamon and cloves.
6. Keep aside to cool.
7. Then grind them to a fine paste without adding any water.
8. Add garam masala powder, coriander leaves, mint leaves, cream, beaten eggs and lime juice.
9. Stir to mix well.
10. Divide the mixture into equal portions and roll them into a ball.
11. Heat oil for deep frying.
12. Roll the balls in the gram flour and deep fry until golden brown.
13. Remove and drain excess oil.
14. Serve hot as a snack.
Erachi Urundai (Mutton Balls) Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Erachi Urundai (Mutton Balls) from Awesome Cuisine.