Thinai Arisi (Foxtail Millet Rice) – 1 cup
Onion – 1, chopped
Carrot – 1, finely chopped
Capsicum – 1, small, chopped
Green Peas – 1/2 cup, shelled
Dry Red Chillies – 2
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Curry Leaves – few
Coriander Leaves – few
Oil – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Heat oil in a pan.
2. Fry the mustard seeds, urad dal, dry red chillies for 30 to 45 seconds.
3. Add the onions and saute for a minute or two.
4. Add green peas, carrot, capsicum and stir well.
5. Pour 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
6. Add salt, curry leaves, coriander leaves, turmeric powder, asafoetida powder and thinai arisi.
7. Cover with a lid and simmer over low flame for 10 minutes.
8. Stir well and serve hot.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.