Brinjals - 500 gms, chopped into 1 inch pieces
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Tamarind Extract - 1 cup
Red Chilli Powder - 50 gms
Fenugreek Powder - 1 tsp
Oil - 100 ml
Salt as per tasteFor tempering:
Fenugreek Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Asafoetida Powder - 1/4 tsp
Dry Red Chillies - 2
Oil - 1 tspMethod:
1. Combine tamarind extract, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and fenugreek powder in a bowl.
2. Add the brinjals and mix well.
3. Marinate the brinjals overnight.
4. Then drain the tamarind extract and transfer the brinjals to a plastic sheet.
5. Keep the brinjals under the sun for a day and remove.
6. Heat 100 ml oil and add the brinjals to this.
7. Mix well.
8. In a separate pan, heat oil for tempering and fry the tempering ingredients.
9. Pour this over the brinjals.
10. Transfer to a clean, sterilized jar and store.
11. Use as desired.