Mint Leaves – 1 bunch, cleaned, chopped
Green Chillies – 5, finely chopped
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, peeled, chopped or grated
Salt as per taste
Tamarind – a small ball
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 1/4 tsp
Gingelly Oil – 5 tblsp
1. Heat little oil in a pan.
2. Add mint leaves, green chillies, tamarind, ginger and salt.
3. Stir-fry for a few minutes and grind to a paste.
4. Heat the remaining oil in a pan.
5. Fry the urad dal, mustard seeds and asafoetida powder.
6. Add the thokku and mix well.
7. Remove and keep aside to cool.
8. Store in a glass jar and serve with rice or as a side dish.