Spinach (Pasalai Keerai) – 1 bunch, cleaned, chopped
Bengal Gram Dal – 1/4 cup
Onion – 1, chopped
Juice of 1 Lemon
Green Chillies – 3 to 5, chopped
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Garlic -2 cloves
Oil – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Mix together the bengal gram dal, onions, green chillies and spinach.
2. Pressure cook till 1 whistle.
3. Add salt, asafoetida powder and mix well.
4. Using the back of a ladle, mash them well.
5. Add lemon juice and mix again.
6. Heat oil in a pan.
7. Fry the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal, turmeric powder and crushed garlic for a minute.
8. Add this to the dal and mix well.
9. Serve hot.
Palak Lime Dal Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Palak Lime Dal from Awesome Cuisine.