Rice – 200 gms
Corn Kernels – 1 cup
Moong Dal – 1 cup, lightly dry roasted
Black Peppercorns – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Ghee – 100 ml
Curry Leaves – few
Salt as per taste
1. Combine the cumin seeds and black peppercorns.
2. Grind them to a coarse powder.
3. Mix corn, rice and dal in a pressure pan.
4. Pour 4 cups of water and cook till 4 whistles.
5. Heat ghee in a pan.
6. Add cumin-pepper powder, curry leaves and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
7. Add the cooked rice, corn and dal mixture.
8. Add salt and mix well.
9. Cook till the pongal is thick and creamy.
10. Serve hot.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.