Chicken Breasts – 3, cubed, boneless
Star Anise Powder – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Bicarb of Soda – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
Mustard Oil – 1/2 cup
Garlic – 20 cloves
Green Chillies – 10, slit
Salt as per taste
1. Place the chicken cubes in a mixer and blend for 2 minutes or till it becomes a puree.
2. Add cumin powder, star anise powder, red chilli powder, soda bicarb and salt.
3. Blend for 30 seconds more.
4. Remove and shape the mixture into balls, using little water.
5. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium flame.
6. Fry the chicken balls till golden.
7. Remove and keep aside.
8. Make an incision on on one side of the fried chicken balls and keep aside.
9. Heat oil again over moderate flame.
10. Fry the green chillies and garlic.
11. Add the chicken balls and using a spoon, spoon over the hot oil till they open up like a flower.
12. Fry till golden brown and remove.
13. Serve at once.