- Place the dried beans in a bowl.
- Cover with plenty of cold water and soak overnight.
- Drain and transfer to a large pan.
- Cover with fresh, unsalted water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 45 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer to a colander and drain.
- Keep aside to cool.
- Boil the green beans in a lightly salted water for about 3 minutes.
- Drain, refresh in cold water and drain again.
- Transfer the cooled mixed beans to a bowl.
- Add the green beans, celery stalks, celery leaves and onion.
- Mix well.
- Add salt and black pepper.
- Add the dressing and mix.
- Keep aside to 20 minutes and then serve in individual bowls or plates.