1 medium eggplant diced
1 tomato diced
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp channa daal
2 dried red chillies
a pinch of asafetida
1 tbsp minced ginger
1 medium green chili minced
a few curry leaves
1 cup of tamarind juice (use a 1″ ball of tamarind to extract the juice from)
1/2 tsp turmeric
a little water
1. Splutter the mustard seeds in 2 tbsp of oil. Add the channa daal, asafetida, red chillies, and curry leaves and let the channa daal turn golden.
2. Add the ginger, green chilli, and turmeric.
3. Add the tomato and fry it a little. Add the eggplant.
4. Add the tamarind juice, and barely cover the eggplant with water. Add salt.
5. Let this simmer until it thickens.
Kathirikkai Gothsu Recipe
You might also like:
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Kathirikkai Gothsu from Awesome Cuisine.