- Dried Oyster Mushrooms – 2/3 cup
- Sirloin or Top round Steak – 600 gms
- Red Capsicums – 2, seeded and thinly sliced
- Cashew Nuts – 1/4 cup, roasted
- Red and Green Lettuce Leaves
- Mint Leaves to garnish
For the Dressing:
- Sesame Oil – 2 tblsp
- Fish Sauce – 2 tblsp
- Sweet Sherry – 2 tblsp
- Oyster Sauce – 2 tblsp
- Lime Juice – 1 tblsp
- Fresh Red Chilli – 1, seeded and chopped finely
- To make the dressing, place the sesame oil, fish sauce, sherry, oyster sauce, lime juice and red chilli in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Place the mushrooms in a bowl, then cover with boiling water and let it stand for 20 minutes.
- Drain and cut into thin slices.
- Charbroil the beef for 5 minutes, turning once, either on a ridged grill pan or under the broiler.
- Cook a little longer if you do not like the meat rare.
- Slice the steak into thin strips and place in a bowl with the mushrooms, capsicums and cashew nuts.
- Add the dressing and toss together.
- Arrange the lettuce on a serving platter and place the beef mixture on top.
- Garnish with the mint leaves and serve.