- Globe Artichokes – 12 small
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Olive Oil – 2 tblsp
- Orange-fleshed Melon – 1 small (such as cantaloupe)
- Chorizo Sausage – 200 gms, outer casing removed
- Fresh Tarragon or Flat-leaf Parsley Sprigs – to garnish
For the Dressing:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 3 tblsp
- Red Wine Vinegar – 1 tblsp
- Prepared Mustard – 1 tsp
- Fresh Tarragon – 1 tblsp, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Cut the artichokes into quarters and brush with lemon juice to prevent discolouration.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan.
- Add the prepared artichokes and fry, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until the artichoke leaves are golden brown.
- Remove from the frying pan, transfer to a large serving bowl and leave to cool.
- To prepare the melon, cut in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- Cut the flesh into bite-sized cubes.
- Add to the cooled artichokes.
- Cut the chorizo into bite-sized chunks and add to the melon and artichokes.
- To make the dressing, put all the ingredients into a small screw-top jar and shake until well blended.
- Just before serving, pour the dressing over the prepared salad ingredients and toss together.
- Serve the salad garnished with tarragon.