- Lean Bacon Rashers – 4
- Walnut Halves – 85 gms
- Red William Pears – 2, cored and sliced lengthways
- Lemon Juice – 1 tblsp
- Watercress – 175 gms, tough stalks removed
For the Dressing:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 3 tblsp
- Lemon Juice – 2 tblsp
- Clear Honey – 1/2 tsp
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Place the bacon rashers on the grill pan and grill for 3-4 minutes, turning once, until crisp.
- Set aside to cool, then cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat a dry frying pan over a medium heat and lightly toast the walnuts, shaking the pan frequently, for 3 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Set aside to cool.
- Toss the pears in the lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- Put the watercress, walnuts, pears and bacon into a salad bowl.
- To make the dressing, place the oil, lemon juice and honey in a bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, then pour over the salad.
- Toss well to combine and serve.