For the Kulcha:
300 gm all purpose flour
2 Tbsp Yogurt
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Baking powder
1 tbsp. Ghee
1/2 tsp. dry yeast
To prepare yeast:
3/4 cup Warm water
1/2 tsp. Lemon juice
1 tsp Sugar
250 gm Potatoes
1 tsp. Chili chopped
1 tsp. Salt 1/2 cup Finely chopped coriander leaves
1 tsp. lemon juice
Oil / Clarified butter for making the Kulcha
Method for preparing yeast:
1. Sprinkle yeast in warm water.
2.Add sugar and leave it for ten minutes.
3. Add 1/2 tsp lemon juice to it and your yeast is ready.
For Masala Kulcha:
1. Sieve all purpose flour and add baking powder, salt, Ghee, and yogurt to it.
2. Prepare the soft dough with yeast- water, and leave the dough for about two hours.
3. For the filling boil the potatoes and mash it very smoothly. Now mix the remaining masala and prepare a mixture.
4. Make small ball from the dough, roll into a disc shape and put potato filling on it. Give it a ball shape by sealing its edges. Finally roll it into a thick paratha and bake on griddle by applying Ghee or oil.
Serve hot with any gravy subji or dal.
Masala Kulcha Recipe
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Masala Kulcha from Awesome Cuisine.