Raw Rice – 2 cups, boiled
Sago (Javvarisi) – 1/4 cup
Urad Dal – 1 1/2 cup
Coconut – 1 cup, grated, lightly roasted
Green Chillies – 4
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Oil for frying
Salt as per taste
Curry Leaves – few
1. Grind together rice, sago, dal, salt and green chillies.
2. Heat little oil in a pan.
3. Fry the mustard seeds and curry leaves till the seeds start to splutter.
4. Add this to the batter and mix well.
5. Add the coconut to the batter and make small balls.
6. Deep fry these in hot oil till golden brown.
7. Remove and drain excess oil.
image credit: plantain leaf