Also known as Chana Chaat, this is a delicious and popular chaat made with boiled chickpeas and potatoes.
Chana (White Chickpeas) – 2 cups
Potatoes – 6 to 8, medium or 4, large
Onions – 2, chopped
Tomatoes – 2, chopped
Green Chillies – 6 to 8, chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1/2 tblsp
Plain Sev – 1/2 cup
Chaat Masala Powder – 1/2 to 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves – few
Sweet Chutney for chaat
Green Chutney for chaat
Plain Puris (Pani Puris) – few, crushed (available readymade in supermarkets)
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Soak the chana overnight.
2. Drain and rinse well.
3. Pressure cook until done.
4. Boil the potatoes, peel and cut into small cubes or mash lightly.
5. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
6. Saute the onions, tomatoes, green chillies and ginger garlic paste for 2 minutes.
7. Add the boiled chana, potatoes, chaat masala powder, salt, sweet chutney, green chutney and mix well.
8. Remove and transfer to a serving bowl.
9. Garnish with curshed puris, coriander leaves and sev.
10. Serve at once.