For coconut paste:
Oil – 1/2 tblsp
Coconut – 1/4 cup, grated
Small Onions – 2, chopped
Black Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garlic – 1 clove, chopped
Grind to a fine paste:
Dry Red Chillies – 4 to 5, broken
Coriander Powder – 3/4 tblsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Water – 2 tsp
Oil – 1/4 tblsp
Small Onions – 1 to 2, chopped
Curry Leaves – few
1. To make the coconut paste, heat oil in a pan.
2. Fry the coconuts and onions till coconut turns brown.
3. Add pepper and garlic.
4. Fry for 45 seconds to a minute.
5. Remove, cool and grind to a fine paste with 1/3 cup of water.
6. Heat a pan over low heat.
7. Add crab meat with salt and 3/4 cups of water.
8. Cook for 10 minutes.
9. Add the small onions, green chillies, ginger and curry leaves.
10. Bring to a boil.
11. Add the ground paste and bring to boil.
12. Add the coconut paste and cook till gravy thickens.
13. Remove from heat and keep aside.
14. Heat oil for tempering.
15. Fry small onions and curry leaves till onions turn brown.
16. Pour this into the crab curry and mix well.
17. Serve hot with rice.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.