For the Sweet and Sour Sauce:
Tamarind Pulp – 3 tblsp
Water – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 3 tblsp
Salt – a pinch or as per taste
Garlic – 2 tblsp, minced
Red Chillies – 2, minced
Coriander Leaves – 2 tsp, chopped
Fish Sauce – 1 tsp
Lime Juice – 1 tsp
1. Mix the tamarind pulp with the water in a bowl.
2. Remove any seeds and fibers.
3. Transfer to a pan, add sugar and bring to a boil.
4. Lower heat and simmer, stirring constantly, until thick and syrupy.
5. Turn off the heat.
6. Add salt and stir well.
7. Remove and keep aside to cool.
8. Strain the mixture.
9. Add the remaining ingredients to the strained mixture and mix well.
10. Clean the prawns and wrap each in a banana leaf.
11. Grill over hot charcoal fire or under a broiler for 10 to 12 minutes.
12. Serve hot with sweet and sour sauce.