Lauki (Bottle Gourd) – 1 ripe
Sugar as required
Ghee – little
For the Filling:
Khoya – 1/2 cup, mashed
Almonds – 1 tblsp, finely cut
Thandai Powder – 1 tsp
Castor Sugar – 1/2 cup
Pistachios – 1 tblsp, finely cut
1. Wash and peel the lauki.
2. Cut into broad ribbon-like strips.
3. Heat ghee in a non-stick pan and add the lauki strips.
4. Cook covered for some over low heat.
5. Remove the lid.
6. Add sugar and cook till the sugar dissolves and the mixture is dry.
7. Mix the khoya with the sugar, almonds and thandai powder.
8. Use this filling and roll the sweet ribbons like a paan.
9. Fix a clove on top.
10. Garnish with a few pista pieces.
11. Chill and serve.
Recipe courtesy Women’s Era magazine.