Red Mullet – 900 gms
For the Sauce:
Dry White Wine – 300 ml
Garlic Cloves – 3, crushed
Tomato Puree – 1 tblsp
Parsley – 2 tblsp, finely chopped
Dried Tarragon – 1 tsp
Dry Breadcrumbs – 25 gms
Salt – 1 tsp
Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
Fennel Seeds – 1/2 tsp
1. Cut the fins off the fish.
2. Wash thoroughly inside and out.
3. Line a large baking dish with silver foil, leaving enough to fold over and cover the fish.
4. Brush the foil with olive oil and place the fish in the dish.
5. In a bowl mix the wine, garlic and tomato puree.
6. Add the parsley, tarragon and breadcrumbs.
7. Sprinkle salt, pepper and fennel on the fish.
8. Pour the wine sauce.
9. Fold the foil over to seal the fish.
10. Bake in a preheated oven at 190C/375F for 30 minutes.
11. Remove from the oven and carefully transfer the fish to a serving dish.
12. Pour the sauce over.
13. Garnish with a little parsley.
14. Serve hot.