Lauki (Bottle Gourd) – 400 gms, peeled, cut into 1/2 inch circles
Thick Curd – 2 cups
Oil – 1 tblsp
Saunf (Fennel) Powder – 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Oil for deep frying
1. Heat oil in a pan.
2. Fry the lauki pieces till light golden brown.
3. Remove and keep aside.
4. Keep only 2 tsp oil in the pan and add the curd.
5. Add the fennel powder, chilli powder and turmeric powder.
6. Pour 1/2 cup of water and bring to a boil.
7. Add salt and add the fried lauki pieces.
8. Stir gently and cook for a minute.
9. Remove and serve with cooked rice.