Moong Dal – 250 gms
Sugar – 250 gms
Coconut – 1/2, grated
Cardamom Powder – a pinch
Saffron – few strands
Cashewnuts – 10 to 15, chopped
Edible Camphor – a pinch
Ghee for deep frying
1. Wash and soak dal for 1 hour.
2. Grind to a fine paste without adding much water.
3. Mix grated coconut, sugar and ground dal.
4. Cook over low flame, stirring continously.
5. After 15 to 20 minutes, remove when the mixture turns into a ball.
6. It should not stick to the finger when touched.
7. Add cardamom powder, saffron, camphor and cashewnuts.
8. Mix well.
9. Take a thick white cloth, dip it in water and squeeze it dry.
10. Spread on a wooden board.
11. Spread out the cooked mixture evenly on it.
12. Press down to make a thin flat sheet.
13. Cut into desired shapes.
14. Deep fry in ghee till golden brown.
15. Remove and drain.
You might also like:
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Chandrakanthalu from Awesome Cuisine.