Flour – 2 cups
Curd – 1/2 cup
Water – 6 to 7 cups
Sugar – 5 to 6 cups
Saffron – little, for flavouring, crushed
few drops of Yellow colouring
Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
Oil for deep frying
1. Mix flour, curd and water to a smooth creamy consistency.
2. Leave it overnight.
3. Make a thick syrup of the sugar with 6 cups of water.
4. Add crushed saffron and yellow colour.
5. Mix the cardamom powder into the batter.
6. Heat oil in a pan.
7. Pour the batter into a jalebi cloth or into a ketchup dispenser.
8. Squeeze in circles over the hot oil making little rings all around each circle.
9. Deep fry on both sides till they become crisp and golden.
10. Take them out carefully, drain excess oil and put them into the warm sugar syrup.
11. Remove after 2 to 3 minutes and drain well.
12. Repeat the process till all batter is used up.
13. Arrange them on a plate and ganrish with silver vrak.