Rice Flour – 1/2 cup
Ghee – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 500 gms, powdered
Saffron – 1 tsp, soaked in a little warm milk and ground
Khoya – 1 1/2 kg, unsweetened
Hung Curd – 1 cup
Raisins – 2 tblsp
Cardamoms – 3 to 4, powdered
1. Add rice flour with water to make a thin smooth paste.
2. Cook on a low flame and add ghee and sugar.
3. Mix well and keep stirring.
4. Add the saffron and mix.
5. Mix khoya and curd with 1 cup of warm water and add it to the rice flour mixture.
6. Cook till it resembles a smooth kheer, adding 1 or 2 cups of water if required.
7. Soak the raisins in warm water for a while.
8. Transfer the contents of the pan to a serving dish and garnish with raisins.
9. Sprinkle cardamom powder on top.
10. Serve at room temperature.
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Gil-e-Behisht from Awesome Cuisine.