Rice Flour – 1/2 cup
Ghee – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 500 gms, powdered
Saffron – 1 tsp, soaked in a little warm milk and ground
Khoya – 1 1/2 kg, unsweetened
Hung Curd – 1 cup
Raisins – 2 tblsp
Cardamoms – 3 to 4, powdered
1. Add rice flour with water to make a thin smooth paste.
2. Cook on a low flame and add ghee and sugar.
3. Mix well and keep stirring.
4. Add the saffron and mix.
5. Mix khoya and curd with 1 cup of warm water and add it to the rice flour mixture.
6. Cook till it resembles a smooth kheer, adding 1 or 2 cups of water if required.
7. Soak the raisins in warm water for a while.
8. Transfer the contents of the pan to a serving dish and garnish with raisins.
9. Sprinkle cardamom powder on top.
10. Serve at room temperature.
Recommended for you
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Gil-e-Behisht from Awesome Cuisine.