Mixed Vegetables – 500 gms
Salt as per taste
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 1/2 bunch
Tamarind Pulp – 1/2 tblsp
Green Chillies – 6 to 8, slit on one side
Jaggery – 1/2 tsp
Rice Flour – 1/2 cup
Sesame Oil – 1/2 tblsp
Fenugreek Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Red Chillies – 1 to 2, broken
Asafoetida – a pinch
Curry Leaves – 2 to 3
1. Peel and chop the vegetables.
2. Boil with 2 cups of water, salt, turmeric powder and coriander leaves till soft.
3. Add tamarind pulp, green chillies and jaggery.
4. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on low heat.
5. Mix rice flour in water to a smooth paste.
6. Add it to the vegetables.
7. Stir and continue to simmer on low heat till the flour has been mixed well and vegetables cooked.
8. Remove from heat.
9. In another pan, heat oil and fry the seasoning ingredients.
10. Pour over the cooked vegetables and cover with a lid.
11. Serve hot with rice.
Dhapalam (Vegetable Curry) Recipe
Recommended for you
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Dhapalam (Vegetable Curry) from Awesome Cuisine.