Lamb - 500 gms, cut into small cubes
Ghee/Oil - 1/2 cup
Onions - 2, finely sliced
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
Red Chillies - 1 tsp, powdered
Salt as per taste
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblsp
Water as required
Green Chillies - 5, slit lengthwise
Curry Leaves - few
Green Water Chestnuts - 250 gms, peeled and halved
Tomatoes - 3, chopped (optional)
Coriander Leaves - 2 bunch, chopped
1. Heat oil in a pan and fry the onions.
2. Add turmeric powder and stir well.
3. Mix the lamb pieces with red chilli, salt, ginger, garlic and add to the onions.
4. Saute and brown well.
5. Add 3 cups of water, green chillies and curry leaves.
6. Cook on a slow flame till the lamb is tender, adding water if needed.
7. Reduce the gravy.
8. Add water chestnuts and tomatoes. Saute well.
9. Add coriander leaves, 3/4 cup of water and cook on medium flame for about 5 minutes or till the chestnuts soften.
10. Remove and serve with roti.