Boneless Lamb – 1 kg, cut into 2 inch flat pieces and 1/2 inch thick
Ginger Paste – 2 tsp
Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Red Chilli Powder as per taste
Curd – 250 gms
Almonds – 1/2 tsp, ground
Poppy Seeds – 1 tsp, ground
Coconut – 1 tblsp, finely ground
Besan Flour – 1 tsp
Garam Maala Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1 cup
Onion – 1, large, finely sliced
Mint Sprigs – few
1. Spread the lamb steaks on a board.
2. Pound each with a wooden mallet or the back of a knife to soften.
3. Mix ginger, salt, garlic and chilli with curd.
4. Rub well on the lamb and leave to marinate for 4 hours.
5. Mix all the other ingredients except oil and onion.
6. Add to the lamb.
7. Heat oil in a pan and fry the onions.
8. Add the meat and fry brown till water is released and the aroma of fried spices comes up.
9. Add 3 cups of water and cook on a slow fire till tender.
10. Add water if required, keeping a little thick gravy with it.
11. Garnish with mint sprigs and fried onions.
12. Serve hot.