Boneless Lamb – 1 kg, cut into 2 inch flat pieces and 1/2 inch thick
Ginger Paste – 2 tsp
Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Red Chilli Powder as per taste
Curd – 250 gms
Almonds – 1/2 tsp, ground
Poppy Seeds – 1 tsp, ground
Coconut – 1 tblsp, finely ground
Besan Flour – 1 tsp
Garam Maala Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1 cup
Onion – 1, large, finely sliced
Mint Sprigs – few
1. Spread the lamb steaks on a board.
2. Pound each with a wooden mallet or the back of a knife to soften.
3. Mix ginger, salt, garlic and chilli with curd.
4. Rub well on the lamb and leave to marinate for 4 hours.
5. Mix all the other ingredients except oil and onion.
6. Add to the lamb.
7. Heat oil in a pan and fry the onions.
8. Add the meat and fry brown till water is released and the aroma of fried spices comes up.
9. Add 3 cups of water and cook on a slow fire till tender.
10. Add water if required, keeping a little thick gravy with it.
11. Garnish with mint sprigs and fried onions.
12. Serve hot.
Lamb Pasanda Recipe
Recommended for you
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Lamb Pasanda from Awesome Cuisine.