Minced Lamb – 500 gms
Onions – 2, finely sliced
Ghee – 1/2 cup
Saffron – a large pinch
Mint Leaves – 1 bunch
Coriander Leaves – 1 bunch
Coriander Powder – 1 tblsp
Curd – 1/2 cup
Ginger – 1 tblsp, ground
Garlic – 1 tblsp, ground
Red Chilli Powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Caraway Seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Poppy Seeds – 1 tblsp, powdered
Chironji – 1 tblsp, ground
Dry Coconut (Kopra) – 1 inch piece, ground
Allspice Powder (or Garam Masala) – 1/2 tsp
Cloves – 4, powdered
Cinnamon – 1 one inch stick, powdered
Cardamoms – 4 small and 2 large, powdered
Juice of 1 Lime
1. Heat a pan over moderate flame and add ghee.
2. Add onions and fry till crisp and brown.
3. Grind half and keep the other half for garnishing.
4. Dry roast and then soak saffron in a little warm milk.
5. Pound together after 20 minutes.
6. Wash and chop the coriander and mint leaves.
7. Dry roast the powdered coriander.
8. Mix all the ingredients together, in washed mince, including the ghe in which onions were fried.
9. Fry on low heat.
10. Spread the mince in a flat-bottomed baking dish and bake in a medium oven at 350F/180C till the mince is cooked (about 40 minutes).
11. Place under broiler for a few minutes to brown the top.
12. Remove and make a hollow in the mince.
13. Place a lighted charcoal on an onion skin in the hollow.
14. Sprinkle a little ghee over it and cover the dish immediately.
15. Leave it covered for 10 minutes.
16. Garnish with fried onion and mint sprigs.
17. Serve with roti, naan or paratha.
Lagan ka Keema Recipe
Recommended for you
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Lagan ka Keema from Awesome Cuisine.