Chicken – 1, about 1 1/2 kg, skinned and jointed
Ghee – 1/2 cup
Coconut – 1
Hot Water – 2 cups
Salt as per taste
Dry Red Chillies – 12
Cloves – 4
Cardamoms – 5
Cinnamon – 4 one inch sticks
Coriander Powder – 3 tsp, dry roasted
Poppy Seeds – 1 tsp
Dry Coconut – 1/4
Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Ginger Paste – 1 tsp
Onions – 3, finely sliced
Fried Cashewnuts – 6
Mint Leaves – few sprigs
1. Stuff the chicken with the ground masala and tie up the chicken well, so that the stuffing does not come out.
2. Heat half a cup of ghee in a pan.
3. Fry the chicken, turning it around so that each side browns.
4. Grind the fresh coconut and add 2 cups of hot water.
5. Keep aside for 10 minues and extract 2 cups of milk.
6. Pour 1 cup over the chicken.
7. Simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes.
8. Add the other cup of the coconut milk. Add salt.
9. Cook on a slow flame till chicken is cooked and the stuffing thickens into a gravy.
10. Cut the chicken into 8 or more pieces.
11. Arrange on a serving plate.
12. Garnish with cashewnuts and mint sprigs.
13. Serve hot with rice.
Kobari Kodi Pulusu (Chicken in Dry Coconut Gravy) Recipe
You might also like:
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Kobari Kodi Pulusu (Chicken in Dry Coconut Gravy) from Awesome Cuisine.