Chicken – 1, about 1 1/2 kg, skinned and jointed
Ghee – 1/2 cup
Coconut – 1
Hot Water – 2 cups
Salt as per taste
Dry Red Chillies – 12
Cloves – 4
Cardamoms – 5
Cinnamon – 4 one inch sticks
Coriander Powder – 3 tsp, dry roasted
Poppy Seeds – 1 tsp
Dry Coconut – 1/4
Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
Ginger Paste – 1 tsp
Onions – 3, finely sliced
Fried Cashewnuts – 6
Mint Leaves – few sprigs
1. Stuff the chicken with the ground masala and tie up the chicken well, so that the stuffing does not come out.
2. Heat half a cup of ghee in a pan.
3. Fry the chicken, turning it around so that each side browns.
4. Grind the fresh coconut and add 2 cups of hot water.
5. Keep aside for 10 minues and extract 2 cups of milk.
6. Pour 1 cup over the chicken.
7. Simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes.
8. Add the other cup of the coconut milk. Add salt.
9. Cook on a slow flame till chicken is cooked and the stuffing thickens into a gravy.
10. Cut the chicken into 8 or more pieces.
11. Arrange on a serving plate.
12. Garnish with cashewnuts and mint sprigs.
13. Serve hot with rice.
Kobari Kodi Pulusu (Chicken in Dry Coconut Gravy) Recipe
Recommended for you
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Kobari Kodi Pulusu (Chicken in Dry Coconut Gravy) from Awesome Cuisine.