For Vindaloo Masala:
Jeera – 1 tsp
Kashmiri Chillies – 12
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Cardamoms – 3 pods
Garlic – 4 flakes
Vinegar – 30 ml
1. Cut and wash the mutton and make pieces.
2. Mix all the vindaloo masala ingredients and grind with vinegar.
3. Fry sliced onion till brown.
4. Add coriander leaves and stir.
5. Add the masala and fry it. Stir frequently.
6. Add mutton pieces and salt to taste.
7. Cover the dish.
8. Allow the meat to cook in its own gravy.
9. Stir frequently, so that it does burn.
10. Boil the potatoes, peel and cut into fours.
11. Add them to the meat and simmer for 10 minutes.
12. Serve with plain white rice.