Milk – 1 1/2 litres
Saffron Strands – 1/2 tsp
Carrot – 1 1/4 cups, grated
Almonds – 1/4 cup, blanched, peeled and cut into halves
Sugar – 1/2 cup (or more if needed)
1. Heat 1/2 cup of milk and soak the saffron in it for 30 minutes.
2. Place 1/4 cup of water in a heavy pan.
3. Add carrots and cook over moderate heat till tender.
4. Pour in the remaining milk and simmer till milk thickens a little.
5. Stir in almonds and sugar.
6. Simmer till it has a thick, pouring consistency.
7. Add saffron-flavoured milk and mix well.
8. Remove from heat, cool and keep it in a fridge.
9. Serve chilled.