1/2 lg Small potatoes
1 tbsp Coriander seeds
4 each Cardamoms (brown) & Cloves
1/2 cup Milk
7-8 Black pepper
1 pinch each Cinnamon & Asafoetida
1/4 tsp Caraway seeds
2 Cardamom (green)
4 tbsp Ghee/oil
4-5 Bay Leaves
1 tsp each Ginger-garlic paste and chilli powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
2 cup Yogurt
1 Medium size onion (grated) & salt to taste
1. Take coriander seeds, cardamoms, cloves, black pepper, cinnamon, caraway seeds, cardamom green and grind it in a blender to make fine powder.
2. Peel off the potatoes and prick it.
3. Heat oil in pressure pan for about one minute. Fry the potatoes in oil over medium heat till they change the color from white to light brown. Set aside.
4. Add bay leaves, asafoetida, ginger-garlic paste, grated onion to the remaining oil. Fry till the paste becomes reddish brown and the mixture starts separating from the oil.
5. Add the garam masala prepared in step1 to this mixture and heat for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt. Fry it about a minute.
7. Now add milk to make the gravy. Then add yogurt (fine) and continuously stir it.
8. If you find the gravy too thick, you can add some water.
9. Finally add pricked fried potaoes to the gravy and pressure cook it. Switch off the gas after 4-5 minutes (before first whistle).
Decorate it with green coriander leaves and serve hot.