Rice – 400 gms, soaked for 6 hours
Boiled Rice – 100 gms
Coconut Water – 150 to 200 ml
Coconut Milk – 100 ml
Water as required
Salt as per taste
Sugar – 1 tblsp
Soda Bicarbonate – 1/4 tsp
Oil as needed
1. Blend the two types of rice with coconut, milk and coconut milk.
2. Make a smooth paste adding water if required.
3. Add salt and sugar.
4. Set aside for 8 hours in a wam place.
5. Mix in the soda bicarbonate and a little water to get a creamy consistency.
6. Heat an aapam pan (chatty) and brush with oil.
7. Add a ladle of batter to the pan.
8. Tilt around to spread it evenly.
9. Cover with a lid.
10. Cook on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
11. The edges should be crisp and the centre spongy.
12. Make more aapams in the same way.
13. Serve with a stew of choice.