Maida – 1/4 kg
Baking Powder – 1 1/4 tsp
Eggs – 3
Sugar – 225 gms
Oil – 200 ml
Vanilla Essence – 3 drops
Almonds – 250 gms, cut into small pieces
Whipped Cream – 200 gms
Powdered Sugar – 2 tsp
Vanilla Essence – 1 drop
Silver Warq for decoration
1. Sift together the flour and the baking powder.
2. Keep aside.
3. Grind the sugar in a mixer to a fine powder.
4. Add the oil, vanilla essence and the eggs and run the mixer, so that the mixture blends well together.
5. Blend till the mixture is smooth.
6. Remove to a mixing bowl.
7. Add the maida with the baking powder a little at a time into the beaten liquid mixture and blend gently with a wooden spoon.
8. Mix in the chopped almonds.
9. Grease a round baking dish and pour this mixture into it.
10. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 35 to 40 minutes.
11. Insert a skewer to see if the cake is done.
12. If the skewer comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the cake the cake is ready.
13. Turn off the oven and allow the cake to cool in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes.
14. Bring the cake out of the oven and allow it to cool completely.
15. Whip the sugar into the cream and mix in the vanilla essence.
16. Spread this icing over the cake and decorate with silver warq.