Plain Curd – 300 ml
Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
Rock Salt – 1/2 tsp
Brinjals – 300 gms
Oil – 2 tblsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Curry Leaves – few
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
1. Whip the curd.
2. Add salt and place in a flat serving dish.
3. Cut the brinjals into thin circles or half circles as desired.
4. Sprinkle salt and turmeric and keep aside for 10 minutes.
5. Grill the brinjal pieces in a grill or oven till light golden brown in colour.
6. Add these to the curd.
7. For the tempering, heat 1 tsp oil and add the rest of the ingredients and allow to splutter.
8. Sprinkle over the dahi and serve as an accompaniment.