Maida – 2 cups
Ghee – 5 tblsp + 2 1/2 cups for frying
Cold Water – 3 tblsp
Khoya – 250 gms, unsweetened
Sugar – 1 cup
Almonds – 20, blanched and sliced
Sultanas – 2 tblsp
Chironji – 3 tblsp
Green Cardamom – 5, powdered
1. Rub 5 tblsp of ghee into flour.
2. Add enough cold water to make a soft, non-sticky dough.
3. Knead till smooth, cover with a damp cloth and keep aside.
4. Crumble khoya and put it in a deep frying pan.
5. Roast over gentle heat till light brown.
7. Add sugar, almonds, sultanas, chironji and cardamom.
8. Roll out a small piece of the dough into a circle about 4 inches in diameter.
9. Put 2 tsp of khoya mixture in the centre.
10. Moisten the edges with water and fold the other half of dough over to encase filling.
11. Seal edges and press to form a fluted edge.
12. Make the remaining in the same way.
13. Heat ghee in a frying pan.
14. Fry the goojas a few at a time till golden.
15. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.